Who Is the Key Person
on Your Medical Team Now?
It is you. Prior to
leaving the hospital, you were the center of a flurry of activity, surrounded by
a busy health care team -- physicians, surgeons, and nurses. The surgery is over
now, and you're home. It is quiet. Now, you become the most important member on
your health team.
Rosalind Benedet, R.N., understands the concerns and questions you now have as
you begin this phase of your recovery. An oncology nurse, she has worked with
hundreds of women who have undergone mastectomies. In After
Mastectomy, she gently guides you through recovery, both physically and
the many topics she covers:
- Adjusting emotionally and overcoming depression
- Choosing a breast form and undergarments
- Follow-up treatment -- chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, and
- Reconstructive options
- Resuming sexual relations
- Preventing lymphedema -- swelling of the arm
- Exercises to regain arm mobility and increase energy
- Optimum nutrition for healing
Glossary, index, resource section
A Guide to What Happens
After Your Surgery!